Monday, October 02, 2006

Last night C and I decided to get ambitious...... We have needed to go through a lot of packed away belongings for some time now ....Well last night was the night!

Let me back up some.
A few weeks back we( well I ) had an issue with the washer. Our water pipe leaks, if turned a certain way. I was not aware of the amount of water that leaked form this pipe, and did a load of wash. I however did not notice it leaking... And left it on ALLLLLLL DAYYYYY.
I practically flooded the basement floor. I ruined the entrance to our bedroom( flooring, carpet and laminate) and created a rather musty smell. C was pissed but pleasant in regarding my absent mindedness... I felt like crap and instantly began to worry about MOLD.
As we used our dehumidifier daily.. The smell went away.. And left was only a stain on the carpet and a slight bubble in the laminate.

Okay fast forward 4 weeks or so. Life is going as normal, as we prepare to set up baby's room, which for no apparent reason is taking us WAYYYY TOO LONG!, and we decided to empty out closets find Halloween decorations and clean.
WE went through all my totes, my pics and school books, all the memories I wanted to keep.. Plus a shit load more of stuff to store and not use. Well as we are getting prepared to load the closets back up with lighter and cleaner totes, we see what looked to C as grease. I knew immediately what is was.
I crouch down feel the floor and touch the black substance.
MOLD
MOLD MOLD MOLD. In our son's closet who has asthma. Mold Because of me MOLD.
We go to our room and clean out our closet and Guess what.. A different kind of mold. And more wet carpet.... Along with a ruined duvet Jill gave us for our weeding which I was just preparing to cover and put back on our bed as the nights get chillier.
I cry and cry.
Bleach took it right away... But the damage is done. I am devastated. I mean it is not the grooce mold you see on CSI or extreme home makeover, and it is a SMALL amount but I know it's from the fucking flood I created in our basemnet from a water hose drip leak that I never knew really leaked like That!
okay so now we have started to throw out so many things, so much clutter. It is a eye opening experience, but I feel so responsible for runing our floor. Which we can not replace until spring at least. Now the Baby's room is on hold until the clutter is gone and reorganized and the mold is checked cleaned and painted over.

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sometime the luck I have is unmistakably BAD.
Wish Me luck
the mold MAMA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! At least you're getting all the clutter cleaned out. We managed to get rid of alot when we moved, but I think we could quite easily do it again.

We didn't have Possum's room set up until just before I went to the hospital, and it wasn't even totally set up then so don't feel bad about that!

Mama J said...

thanks it's just stressful for me more than anything.... the mold has not returned and I feel clean again!