Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rolling Stones

The Rolling Stones have hit Halifax. Last night was their Bigger Bang concert held at the Halifax Commons. A stage was built and fences were erected and streets were closed down.
They were not the only event hitting town last night, as a pre season NHL game was held at the metro center. Also a huskies game was on in which sorry to say they lost! A cruise ship was at dock where more than 8000 passengers unloaded to tour around Halifax.
It was a night to remember for many. In spite of all the goings on's it rained from 4 pm through the night. Making the life of concert goers a wet one.
My Parents partook in this history making event and said that the concert was well worth the money and the conditions of mother nature. You have to understand that my dad is the ultimate rolling stone fan, (Although modest and this being his first time seeing them live) His dream was to see them in concert. My father is NOT one to go to an outdoor concert. He likes the use of clean bathrooms and hates being bobbled by crowds of people, but this may have been the last time he ever had a chance to see them.
It was a dream come true. When he told me this morn about his heart pounding experience, them emotion in his voice and the "little kid" like factor that went with it, made me well up with tears. He was awe struck that this band.. His band... Was 40 feet way from him, and all of his favorite tunes were played. At one point Mick and the boys came out close to the crowd and he swears that Keith Richard looked at him and smiled. I think he nearly fainted. Not out of love but just pure amazement. I mean think of the fact he has loved them since he was a teen. My dad is now 46 years old. This has been a life long admiration for a music group. All of his milestones could almost be marked by a rolling stones song.
I am proud and jealous that he went. I wish I could have seen his face as the opening cords of " Start Me Up", were played. ( their opening song).
So dear Dad I am so happy that you got to experience the Rolling Stones Live.
Love you Mama J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nearly fainted? That's funny and cute.
AmyB

Mama J said...

i know right... ahhh my little papa!